- This event has passed.
Outwords Journey Storytelling Community Picnic at Fishel Park
June 4, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Bring your blankets and enjoy an afternoon in Fishel Park! EQDG partners with the Downers Grove Public Library to host Tony Ozzauto’s Outwords Journey, which will bring storytellers to the Picnic.
Picnic Baskets Available to Order!
- Picnic baskets are available to order through Cadence Kitchen and Co. or Pierce Tavern beginning May 17
- Call the restaurant to order, and let them know you are ordering a Pride Picnic Basket
- Cadence Kitchen and Co: (630) 442-7631. Orders must be placed by June 1. Baskets have food for 4 people. Only 50 baskets are available, so order early! View the menu
- Pierce Tavern: (630) 869-5333. Orders must be placed by 11:00 am on June 4.
- Pick up your basket at Fishel Park before the event.
Thank you to partners Todd Davies at Cadence Kitchen and Co. and Sam Vlahos at Pierce Tavern for their support.
Informational Booths will also be onsite, including:
- Youth Outlook
- DuPage County Health Department
- Equality Downers Grove (EQDG) (co-sponsor)
- Downers Grove Public Library (co-sponsor)
OutWords Journey “creates a safe, supportive environment, free from pressure and judgment for individuals who identify as or are allies of the LGBTQ+ community to share life experiences in story form through monthly storytelling events. The stories transform past events into powerful, inspiring and often hilarious monologues of resilience and survival. The real life stories have the power to change and rebuild lives of the storyteller and the listener, so they can further their journey to wholeness.”
Contact the DGPL Ask Us Desk at email@example.com with questions.